Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Favorite Recipes: Turkey Meatloaf "Muffins"

Some days I just don't feel like cooking, and resort to giving Juelz  Annie's homegrown microwaveable Mac n' cheese for lunch or dinner. I really wanted to find something easy and healthy to make for him so I did what any woman in this day and age would do and scoured Pinterest for a solution lol. I then came across meatloaf "muffins". I have made this before and followed a recipe for both a turkey and beef meatloaf, but this time I just winged it because I just felt like I should and it actually turned out better... Well, to me and my family haha. This recipe is definitely a hit in our house, and it's such a great way to get your kids to eat their veggies without them knowing. One muffin is the perfect toddler meal serving too so it's great to have in the freezer to pop in the microwave on days when you don't feel like spending time cooking. 


Turkey Meatloaf "Muffins"

Ingredients


-1lb of ground turkey
-Italian bread crumbs
-Tomato sauce
-Diced onions
-Chopped zucchini
-Broccoli
-Chopped carrots
-1 whisked egg
-Shredded cheese


Mix together with your hands, line your muffin tin with cupcake liners, fill them with desired amount

Bake at 375 degrees for 45 mins or till the tops are golden brown, I would suggest cutting one of them open to make sure. 

J and Juelz love them served with ketchup!

You can serve them all or take off the liners and freeze them for future dinners. To cook when frozen, all you have to do is pop them in the microwave for about 2 minutes... Depending on your microwave I would suggest starting off with 1 minute and go from there so you don't overlook it and then it will get hard on some spots.

If you are more of a recipe person, head on over to Pinterest to search for the turkey or beef meatloaf recipe that appeals to you.

Enjoy! 


Xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment